How to Make Almond Oil Shaving Cream
- 1). Put the 2 tbsp. of almond oil in the top of a double boiler full of simmering water.
- 2). Add 1/4 cup of stearic acid and 1 tbsp. of shea butter and continue to heat the mixture, stirring constantly until the mixture turns clear. Remove the oil mixture from the heat and let it cool to lukewarm.
- 3). Combine 1 cup of hot distilled water with 1 tbsp. of borax and 2 tbsp. of grated castile soap in a separate saucepan. Stir the mixture over low heat until the borax and soap is dissolved.
- 4). Remove the water and soap mixture from the heat and stir in 1/4 cup of aloe vera gel. Let the mixture cool to lukewarm.
- 5). Drizzle the water and soap mixture into the oil mixture, whipping it with a stick blender. Blend it for about a minute, then add 6 drops of bergamot essential oil and 6 drops of clove essential oil.
- 6). Set the almond oil shaving cream aside for about 10 minutes, and whip it with the stick blender for a few more minutes.
- 7). Allow the almond oil shaving cream to cool completely and store it in an airtight container.