Using Baking Soda For Teeth Whitening
" In fact sodium bicarbonate as its officially known has been used for teeth whitening for years as far back as the early 18th century.
Most of us will have it in our kitchen, often using it in either baking or domestic cleaning due to its ability to get rid of stains and make your cakes and scones rise.
But as we're discussing our pearly whites, let's look at the pros and cons of using baking soda for teeth whitening.
Benefits of using baking soda for teeth whitening:
- Removes stains from your teeth; its excellent for removal of stains on your teeth often caused by drinking too much coffee, tea, red wine or smoking.
Of course a dental treatment can also remove these stains, but at a much higher price than using the baking soda.
- Removes plaque from your teeth; it reduces the build up of plaque on your teeth and if you don't have that much plaque can removed it completely.
Where plaque is often a main cause for getting discolored teeth, using baking soda can help you get whiter teeth.
As you know the tooth enamel projects your teeth again cavities and is important for overall health of your teeth.
Because of this it is not recommended to use baking soda to whiten your teeth to often and on a regular basis.
Using the raw ingredient on your teeth more than once a week could lead to damaging the tooth enamel, less even if your natural tooth enamel is not very strong.
Using a teeth whitening kit that is based on sodium bicarbonate is less aggressive on your enamel and would be a better option if you intend to use it regularly or have sensitive teeth.
How to use baking soda for teeth whitening? Pretty straight forward process really.
Just follow the steps below:
- Put a teaspoon of baking soda in a glass and add a bit of salt
- Add water or lime juice to turn the mixture to a paste
- Put the paste on your toothbrush and brush your teeth
- Rinse you mouth well with water after brushing
A solution that you can use more frequently is a non-peroxide teeth whitening kit Although they will have sodium bicarbonate as its base ingredient, the levels are much lower and it will be mixed with other ingredients.