Things to Consider When Buying a Wedding Sherwani
Sherwani for men are a symbol of rich and traditional fashion with royal sophistication and style. For an Indian groom, sherwani is the most popular dressing option signifying style and elegance. The Indian equivalent of a western suit, sherwani is quite similar to a coat, but it is long and is usually worn over a churidar.
There are various types of designer sherwanis such as Baloochi and Peshawari, which are usually bottomed up and makes the groom look graceful and elegant. Some of the Indian wedding sherwanis have outstanding crystals and hand embroidered thread work, while others have spectacular stones, mirror, beads and sequins work.
There is no denying the fact that buying a wedding sherwani is no child's play. There are a lot of factors that one needs to take into account while buying a wedding sherwani, and most importantly, one has to make sure that it comes at a reasonable price too.
- Make sure that the colour you choose matches with your skin tone. Red, maroon and golden are some of the popular choices that are widely chosen by groom for their special day. Apart from this, sober colours like off-white, cream, brown and grey are also preferred by grooms. If you have a heavy body type, avoid light coloured sherwani with large design or embroidery. On the other hand, if you have a slim body type, you should avoid wearing a dark coloured sherwani with small designs.
- Make sure that the sherwani you buy doesn't clash with the colour of your bride's dress. Clashing of the colours might end up making you both look awkward.
- No matter how great the color or embroidery is, if the fabric is low quality, it will make your sherwani look nothing less than pathetic.
- It is always a good idea to get your wedding attire custom made or stitched. This will ensure that it fits you well. Get the sherwani tailored from the best couturier to fit your body instead of buying it from a ready-made shop.
- Don't forget to accessorize your sherwani with flowing ghatsholas, matching stole and jootis or mojris. These are commonly used but there are other accessories also that can add grace to your look. Among these worth mentioning are gold/silver cufflinks, watch, gold bracelet and gold chain.
- Opt for a wedding sherwani that looks heavy and rich. A simple attire will make you look more like a groom's brother than a groom. So, go for a majestic sherwani that makes you look like a prince.
Feeling comfortable in what you wear is the most important thing. So choose the wedding sherwani that best complements your body, style, complexion etc. On you wedding, nothing is more important than your comfort level because then only you will be able to focus on the rituals and enjoy your wedding feast.
If you want to avoid the hassles of visiting various stores and malls, the best way is to make the purchase online. There are many reputable online stores that offer a wide variety of Indian wedding sherwanis at reasonable prices. Other than sherwani, they offer an excellent range of Indian clothes including kurta pajama, tunics, lehenga, sarees, salwar suits and much more.