How to Replace a Turn Signal on a 1996 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme
- 1). Pry the clamshell trim cover off the top of the steering column with your trim tool. The clamshell sits just in front of the steering wheel and covers the top of the steering column.
- 2). Remove the retaining screw from the base of the turn signal switch with your Phillips screwdriver. Set the screw aside within easy reach.
- 3). Disconnect the switch from the wiring harness manually. Lift the switch assembly out of the steering column.
- 4). Insert the new switch assembly and reinstall the retaining screw with your Phillips screwdriver. Plug the wiring harness into the switch manually.
- 5). Reinstall the clamshell in reverse of how you removed it. Return the old switch and the packaging the new switch came in to your place of purchase for a refund of your core charge.