How to Word an Invitation for a Racecar Party
- 1). Use phrases commonly found in racing as a teaser at the top of the invitation. "Shift into gear and join the fun," "Race on over and enjoy the party," and "Ladies and Gentlemen, start your engines" will reinforce the theme of the party.
- 2). Word the starting and ending time of the party with sentences like "The starting flag will be waved at 2:00 p.m. to begin the race," or "The final lap will be indicated by the checkered flag at 5:00 p.m."
- 3). Use racing terminology to announce the activities and menu, such as "Pit crew members will enjoy hot dogs, hamburgers, cake and ice cream" and "Pit crews will compete against each other in a soap box derby."
- 4). Word the request for RSVP to say, "Reserve your seat in the stands by calling . . ." or "Get your race day tickets by e-mailing me at . . ."
- 5). Announce the location with something like "The race will take place at the Murphy Family Speedway at . . ." or "Rev up your engine and race over to 2392 Oak Street for the race of the decade."