How to Add a Box at the Top of an HTML Body
- 1). Log in to your Web server or blog page.
- 2). Open the HTML page in which you want to include a text box at the top of the HTML body.
- 3). Locate the <body> tag at the top of the HTML code and click your cursor just after the ">."
- 4). Insert the following code:
<form method="post" action="">
<textarea name="comments" cols="40" rows="5">
Type items here
<input type="submit" value="Submit" />
- 5). Replace "Type items here" with your own text or leave the space blank if you want users to be able to enter text into the box and then click the "Submit" button. If you want the text box to be just an announcement, delete the <input type="submit" value="Submit" /> line of code.
- 6). Publish the page.